MeshMolder Software Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

meshmolder suggestions and input

3 posters

Go down

meshmolder suggestions and input Empty meshmolder suggestions and input

Post by vagabond137 Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:51 am

Hey, I really love Meshmolder software.

I'm using beta 3.0

I have noticed these bugs.....

1. Navigation:  when I am using the gyroscope to rotate my object, I noticed it's a little buggy...
it is slow to respond, and sometimes if I am bouncing back and forth between paint, even when I deactivate paint, sometimes It will paint accross my object.  other times it will switch back to add brush and add clay.

2.  .Met file extentions were not automatically associated:  when I save my file, I cannot open it unless I am in Meshmolder, If I double click on the .met file, it just takes me to a new instance of meshmolder, and doesn't load my file, until I go to meshmolder, and open the same file.

3.  the lighting/uv rendering engine is slow and buggy, but It is really good and the details pop out.

I also would like to see these things added.....

1.  a turntable video preview export:  it would be cool if I could make a video of my model spinning around turntable style, and save it, and share it to social media.

2.  I would like to see more   stamps, materials, and colors.

3.  I would like to see more file extention compatability....
I would like to export/import other file types, this seems to be a big drawback within most 3d modeling software.

Finally, I would like to talk about the file extention .met    

What other programs accept a .met file extention for import?
is this the only file extention within meshmolder that saves my painting I have done on my model?
How can I export my completely painted 3d model, to use in other programs... I have done a bit of work.
and I would like to use my models in max 3ds, unity, blender, Rhino, or in Cinema 4d.

How can I do this??????????

I would also like to add, that I tried to write to you on the meshmolder website, but your submit button didn't work.

I also would welcome any and all freebies that you may throw my way, for valid user input.
Thank you very much.

Nicholas Heltzel

vagabond137

Back to top Go down

meshmolder suggestions and input Empty Re: meshmolder suggestions and input

Post by Admin Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:10 am

Hi Nicholas, thank you for your help!!

1. I would like to see a turntable display of my modeling scenes. I would like to be able to rotate my character, and capture a video of that.

Cool ideia, but in this moment i envolved in faster sculpting development.

2. I have noticed that the gui, gets a little choppy at times, when I bounce between rotating and paint, even when i make sure that paint is not activated, sometimes the gui isn't caught up. also sometimes, it adds clay.
so it's a little buggy.

This bug i will revise in the next beta version...

3. I would like to see more rendering capabilities.

I will create more tools about this

4. I noticed that .met files were not associated with the program at first, and when I open my project by double clicking on it, it doesn't open it, it opens a new project. I have to be in the program to open my .met file.

Thank you for telling me this error, I will put away for the next versions

5.. I am not sure if it is possible to import .met files in any other program, if it is, I would like to know what program. I wan't to be able to put my creations I make in Meshmolder, into a program like autodesk max 3ds, or blender, or unity......is there any way to do that? it seems to me if I export my creation, I can only export the mesh, and not the paint, or colors.....is there a way I can do that within meshmolder?

I'm just involved in it, creating texture from the painting in the format ".met" yet got success only with extra large textures (4096 * 4096)

Nicholas,
I'd love to see the models you create in my software. If you can send me a picture or model in .met format.

Karlay

Admin
Admin

https://meshmolder.forumeiros.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RubberDogTurd Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:52 pm

Hello,
The only suggestions I have are a prompt or feedback letting the user know what meshes meshmolder will import. I may have missed it, but I don't think I've seen anything noting what filetypes will import--I did get .obj files to come in, but that was all I had time to play with. I do most of my sculpting from scratch, in-app.
Also, can you add a flat "panel" primitive. I'd like to have the option of detailing sci-fi corridors/interriors with meshmolder, but all the primitives included are organic. Hard surface stuff would be cool  Cool !
Thanks for all your work!

RubberDogTurd

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:55 pm

Thank you for your suggestion, i will try include in next version!! Very Happy Very Happy

Admin
Admin

https://meshmolder.forumeiros.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down