MeshMolder Software Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Driver Memory Footprint to high

Go down

Driver Memory Footprint to high Empty Driver Memory Footprint to high

Post by Admin Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:47 pm

Bob Loblaw Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 4:44
I'm using and IBM/Lenovo X61 Thinkpad Tablet/Notebook with a integrated Intel 965 Express Graphics. I have no idea how to change acceleration per se, assuming I can though it's got some 3D options I could toggle. It should have the latest driver but it wouldn't be the first time Intel integrated graphics with shared memory didn't run a program.Rolling Eyes Currently it's at 1080x768 resolution -lower than the 'recommended' 1400x1050. I don't know if that makes a difference I just keep it lower for better performance/frame-rates.

Here's the options I have:
Asynchronous Buffering (On)
Triple Buffering ('Default')
Flipping Policy (Flip)
Depth Buffer Bit Depth (Default)
Force SC3 Texture Compression (On)
Force FXT1 Texture Compression (Off)
Driver Memory Footprint (Low)
Texture Color Depth (Desktop Color Depth)
Anisotropic Filtering (Application Control)

Perhaps I need to set the Driver Memory Footprint to high?

Also I'm not surprised that it might be a quirk due to my tablet hardware but I wanted to let you know mostly because I admire and appreciate what you've done here (and putting it out for free) and figured the least I could do is let you know in case it's something you can remedy on your end or mention in a troubleshooting section perhaps and further improve on what already looks like tremendously impressive work. In any case I wish you good luck fortune for that hard work. cheers

Admin
Admin

https://meshmolder.forumeiros.com

Back to top Go down

Driver Memory Footprint to high Empty Re: Driver Memory Footprint to high

Post by Admin Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:48 pm

Admin Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 3:21
Hi Bob,

This type of error is usually related to graphics card. How is the configuration of your computer. I never tested on Windows Vista, but should work perfectly. Try changing the acceleration of your graphics card.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:48 pm

Bob Loblaw Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 19:00
As I suspected it does have the latest graphics driver from Lenovo. I went to the Intel website and used their driver utility and it said I have a 3rd party(Lenovo obviously) graphics driver and so using Intel's version would probably cause problems. So I suspect it's a problem caused by Lenovo making drivers for and Intel product. That and Intel's making graphics chips when it's not their specialty.

But I guess I'll play with some of those settings then and maybe I'll get lucky and just have to disable triple buffering or something. If I get it to work I'll let you know. Wink

Thanks!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:49 pm

Bob Loblaw Fri 15 Jan 2016 - 20:04
To my amazement, I switched all the graphics options and it worked, and switiching them back one by one I found that I was correct when I said:

"Perhaps I need to set the Driver Memory Footprint to high?"

Of course "normal" works also.
I probably set it to low trying to get a game to run better Rolling Eyes

So, if anybody with Intel integrated graphics, (and specifically the 965 Express chipset) has problems they can try setting "Driver Memory Footprint" to normal or high.

I recommend you add that info to any troubleshooting/help docs you put out as Intel's integrated graphics are fairly common.

I got this X61 tablet for about $70 (but I basically got the dock w/DVD drive free) and found the pen/tablet feature is really nice for drawing etc. and figured I'd play with some sculpting software and found yours when searching for "sculptris alternatives". The point is that these are probably well suited for the task and I hope this 'troubleshooting tip' helps prevent others with these pesky Intel chips from buying AutoCAD/Mudbox/ZBrush when they can use MeshMolder and donate something to you for your hard work.

Thanks again!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:49 pm

Very cool that you can solve this problem !! I will include in our discussion forum to help others. I appreciate your encouragement, but it is still an initial software, version 2 which will be available in March will correct several errors.

Very Happy cheers

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum